The USU Botanical Center is host of a local artisans and growers farmers market. The farmers market is held every Thursday, throughout July 7th until September 22nd, from 5pm to 8pm. USU Botanical Center's address is 875 S. 50 W. Kaysville. This farmers market is a perfect addition to the recreational and education experiences provided by the USU Botanical Center. This new opportunity supports local growers as well as artisans while bringing the surrounding community closer together.
The farmers market will include; entertainment, local produce, artisans, gourmet food, special events, activities for the kids as well as a free weekly yoga class from 6:30 until 7:30pm. Vendors are welcome to join in on the fun! For more information please contact USU at (801) 451-3403. Listed below are the current dated special events.
- July 7th: Aggie's Ice Cream Tasting as well as an activity for the Kids of painting fireworks or a windsock (patriotic).
- July 14th: Aggie's Ice Cream Tasting as well as a Kids activity of making watermelon fans out of paper plates.
- July 21st: Honey Bees as well as a kids activity of a beehive and bee art project.
- July 28th: A Root Beer Tasting as well as a kids activity of making bird feeders.
- August 4th: A sweet corn grilling demo as well as an activity for the kids of making a corn cob art project.
- August 11th: Grape Tasting as well as a kids activity of making yarn wrapped stick art.
- August 18th: A Root Beer Tasting as well as a kids activity of making mustache pencil toppers and painting rocks.
- August 25th: Tomato Tasting as well as a kids activity of yarn wrapped stick art.
- September 1st: A Salsa Showdown and a kids activity of making bugs out of clothes pins.
- September 8th: A Cheese Tasting and kids activity of making ribbon wands.
- September 15th: Chili Cook-Off and kids activity of making dream catcher Plus a Farm Directly to Table Dinner from 5:30 to 6:30pm (tickets must be purchased in advance).
- September 22nd: A Caramel Apple Tasting and kids activity of an apple mandala art project.